George Papanicolaou, M.D.
Raised in Athens, Greece, Dr. Papanicolaou relocated to the United States to receive his training in General and Plastic Surgery also completing his fellowships in hand and craniofacial pediatric plastic surgery. During his fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern he was trained in an array cosmetic procedures of the face and body by the leaders in the field. Dr. Papanicolaou has contributed to prestigious scientific journals of his expertise including numerous publications. His training and experience has given him the opportunity to excel in the field of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery while fulfilling his sincere goal and passion of practicing within the highest standards and in a compassionate way. Dr. Papanicolaou is double board certified; from The American Board of Surgery and The American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Athens University, School of Medicine, Athens, Greece Degree: MD, July 1994
Clinical Training and Experience:
– Private practice: Sept 2008 – present Orlando, FL
– Craniofacial Fellowship: UT Southwestern Medical Center July 2007-June 2008
– Plastic Surgery Fellowship: SUMMA Health System, Akron OH July 2005-June 2007
– Hand Fellowship: Ch. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microsurgery, Louisville, KY July 2004-June 2005
– Residency: Orlando Regional Medical Ctr., Orlando, FL (Gen. Surg.) July 2001-June 2004
Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C. July 1999- June 2001
– Internship: Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C. (Gen. Surg.) July 1998- June 1999
– Research: University of Louisville, Louisville, KY Division of Plastic Surgery Research,
July 1997-June 1998
– Military: Physician, Medical Corps of Greek Armed Forces. March 1995-September 1996
1. “Prevalence of nerve compression symptoms in the general population” G.Papanicolaou, J. Firrell, S. McCabe. Presented in the Residents’ Conference in the 53rd Amer. Soc. for Surgery of the Hand Annual Conference. (Minneapolis, MN, Sept. 98).
2. “Supine portable ultrasound guided drainage of pleural effusion by critical care personnel.” Technique whose time has arrived?” J. Zuberi, T. Light, G.Papanicolaou, M. Hockstein. Submitted to “Chest” and presented as a poster in 66th annual assembly of Am. Col. of Chest Physicians. Also accepted for presentation in the ‘Research Day’ in Washington Hospital Ctr.
3. “ Methemoglobinemia after application of serium silvadene in severe burns” T. Light, G. Papanicolaou, M. Jordan, presented as a poster at the John Bostwick conf. for burn and wound management in Hawaii, Feb 2005.
4. “Simultaneous Pronator and Carpal tunnel release. Our experience and algorithm of treatment.” Mursadic M., Papanicolaou G., Tsai,T. Presented at the Tristate meeting in Cincinati OH, June 3rd 2005.
5. “Treatment of keratoacanthomas with injection of Methotrexate.” G. Papanicolaou , L Cervino,. Presented at the seniors Plastic Surgery residents’ conference, Feb. 1-3 2007, Pasadena CA
6. “Treatment of Keratoacanthomas with injection of Methotrexate.” G Papanicolaou, L Cervino. Presented at the OHIO Valley Conference in Indianapolis, IN, May 18th 2007.
7. “Mandibular distraction in neonates. Our protocol and experience.” R. Ha MD, A. Mitchel, MD, G Papanicolaou, MD Presented in the international craniofacial meeting in Oxford UK, Sept 2009
– E.C.F.M.G.: April 27, 1995
– U.S.M.L.E.: Step 1: Sept. 1994
Step 2: Mar. 1995
Step 3: Dec. 1997
– American Board of Surgery: March 2005
– American Board of Plastic Surgery: November 2009
– Certificate of added qualifications: Hand Surgery (CAQHS) September 2010
– University of Central Florida, voluntary faculty
– Washington, D.C.
– Awarded for excellence in Anatomy and Physiology.
– American Society of Plastic Surgery
-American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
– American Cleft Palate Association
– American College of Surgeons
– American Medical Association
– Athens Medical Association
-Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons
Medical Trips in Underdevelopped Countries:
– Dominican Republic (La Romana), Member of a plastic and hand surgery team, Oct. 2000
– Greek Native Language
– English “Proficiency Cambridge” 1985
– French “Certificat de la langue Francaise” 1980
Meet our Office Manager
We look forward to ensuring you are well taken care of in a caring, professional environment.
Call us today to book your consultation… 407-478-3151