In addition to reducing the appearance of the visible signs of aging, dermal fillers are also effective at adding volume to thin, lackluster lips. At Soma Plastic Surgery, our lip enhancements are safe and create natural results that add symmetry to your face and are never exaggerated.
Located in Lake Mary, Florida, Soma Plastic Surgery serves the North Orlando and Altamonte Springs areas. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. George Papanicolaou and find out if lip enhancements are right for you.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Injectable treatments that are typically administered directly underneath the skin using an ultrafine needle, dermal fillers are mostly comprised of hyaluronic acid and other substances that are found naturally in the body.
There are several dermal fillers on the cosmetic market, each with its own set of benefits. Traditionally used to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines in the face, dermal fillers are also proven to add subtle, natural enhancement to the lips.
How Do Dermal Fillers Enhance Lips?
Just as dermal fillers add immediate volume underneath the skin, they also add fullness when directly injected into the lips and around the mouth area. Most fillers used for lip enhancements have hyaluronic acid as their main ingredient, a sugar compound found in all living things.
Once the dermal filler is injected, the hyaluronic acid combines with the water in your body to begin instantly adding volume to the lips and mouth. Hyaluronic acid improves the natural shape and structure of your lips and is a compound that your body recognizes, reducing the risk of post-treatment complications.
What are the Benefits of Using Hyaluronic Acid Fillers for Lip Enhancements?
Enhancing your mouth and lips using hyaluronic acid fillers is a safe, effective option. In addition to creating immediate results, these fillers offers several benefits to patients:
- Using hyaluronic acid allows medical professionals to easily control how much enhancement is administered, ensuring that your results appear natural
- Filler enhancement can be administered gradually over multiple sessions until the desired look is achieved.
- When hyaluronic acid is the main ingredient, any post-treatment bumps or lumps in the lips can be easily smoothed.
- In comparison to other dermal fillers, hyaluronic acid fillers often create less swelling and bruising afterward, although these are normal side effects after injectable treatments.
- Although the results are not permanent, the improved lip volume generally lasts for several months.
- Because hyaluronic acid is found in the body, the risk of allergic reaction or complications is eliminated.
Am I a Good Candidate for Lip Enhancements?
During your consultation with Dr. Papanicolaou, your health, medical history, cosmetic goals and expectations will be discussed, and it will be determined which filler and course of treatment are right for you.
Contact Soma Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Papanicolaou and find out if dermal fillers can help enhance your lackluster lips.